My family moved to Portland for work. I recently graduated from St. Sophia’s Academy. As such I did not get a prom. But I have attended some formal dances and have an invitation to the city’s oldest debutante ball in three months’ time.
I have at least been to a few slumber parties. And the other girls didn’t always ask me to perform a séance.
I do not currently have a boyfriend. My mother keeps introducing me to young men from good families who she reckons will be healthy. I suspect that this is because I manifested my sight younger than she did and she hopes a grandchild will be more powerful still.
I believe that death should bring release from pain. I can do something about that, so I will.
As the saying goes, with great power comes great responsibility. (off looks) Apparently it comes from some Victorian politician before Spider-Man.
I have a fake ID, and also there’s one club where they never card me. (off looks) Yes it’s the Coffin Club.
So far as I know I have met five vampires. One of them is my great-grandfather.
There are a number of doctors in my family and I would like to follow their lead, but am more likely to end up in academia.
My favourite Taylor Swift song is Shake It Off. I know, people expect it to be Bad Blood or Look What You Made Me Do, but come on.
I once met the Devil. (She pauses and looks at one of the others.) So have you.
It was on a book tour.
No comments:
Post a Comment