Wednesday 20 March 2019

Slayer thoughts, read the whole book now edition

This could get spoilery. But not very, I promise.

Slayer (Book One) by Kiersten White

I finally got to sit down and read the last third, a month after getting it, almost two years after the original announcement and nine months after the first big preview.

I am currently away from home and my Buffy RPG books. Character sheets to follow.

And possibly a credit sequence if I can pick a theme and decide who to fancast.

Nina is highly sympathetic, as are quite a few of those around her.

(Also a good hook growing out of the end of Buffy on TV and the first comics season, not just a new Slayer, but...)

The strained familial relationships of Watchers are super my jam. As you may have noticed.

So are sketchy black market demon artefact sellers.

In terms of length, action, subplots and serialisation, it feels like... a six-episode Netflix series rather than a classic season? Much stuff is interconnected. I could see short single-episode books or maybe comics miniseries spinning off... though as Book One, there is more big interconnected stuff still to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment