Wednesday 18 August 2021

#RPGaDAY2021 18: WRITE

#RPGaDAY2021

18: WRITE

I run and play RPGs through writing as well as speech. My gaming experience started with gamebooks and progressed from there, so I suppose it’s only natural. Here I am blogging RPGaDAY rather than making a video or anything like that. I’m very proud of having RPG writing published.

I also play and run play-by-post forum games on RPGnet, have done actual play by mail, and played in text-based chat rooms like the moderated World Of Darkness game New Bremen, which definitely improved my typing speed.

And while it would have been cool in retrospect to have The Watch House as a podcast I’m happy to have been able to clear up and adjust the transcripts to emphasise the wit and de-emphasise the “um”s and “er”s.

Bonus round:

Duel - One-on-one fights with suitable weapons can be very dramatic, not least actively called duels. The question is what the rest of the PCs do while it’s going on.

Honour - I like to play characters with some sense of honour or other code.

Rival - As well as enemies, PCs can have friendly or neutral rivals. Not being the only adventuring party, super team, or band out there can bring entertaining clashes, working together awkwardly or otherwise, and a sense of camaraderie.

These three rather seem to fit together. A Musketeer style game with battling fencing schools who’ll come together when necessary?

Runeslinger on Duel

No comments:

Post a Comment