Saturday 2 March 2024

Vampire population explosions

I see a lot of Vampire: The Masquerade games start with failed Sabbat mass Embraces to explain a table full of new clueless vampires showing up at once. (It’s a subset of the brewing conflict introduction where newly turned PCs are part of a rising problem, which I go for sometimes myself.)

I used a failed mass Embrace with just NPCs a while ago, the PCs helping unearth them and seeing if they could be brought back from the brink of madness.

And I just suggested adding NPCs to one example. It gives a relatable possible enemy, and if you want to lean into the personal horror maybe it includes people the PCs know. An equally fresh bunch of undead causing trouble feels different if they’re led by your sister.

No comments:

Post a Comment