Saturday 6 November 2021

Once More, With Feeling at 20

Buffy The Vampire Slayer: Once More, With Feeling premiered in the US twenty years ago tonight. 


Following the silent episode Hush as a special episode with also progressed the overall plot, it’s seen a soundtrack release, singalong screenings and live performances, and a sidebar on how to do something like it in the RPG.

(I was expressly asked not to try it in The Watch House, though I did have a couple of songs picked out.)

It could be witches! Some evil witches! Which is ridiculous cos witches they were persecuted Wicca good and love the Earth and women power andI’llbeoverhere...
My party piece

While it wasn’t the first all-original-songs musical episode of a not-normally musical show (Xena: Warrior Princess led the way) it was big enough that non-show musical fans know it.

Give me something to sing about
Please
Give me something!

No comments:

Post a Comment