Monday 8 August 2022

#RPGaDay2022 8 - Who introduced you?

#RPGaDay2022

8 - Who introduced you to RPGs?

That summer five of my cousins were living around the corner. The eldest gave me a copy of Sir Ian Livingstone’s City Of Thieves, her favourite of the first Fighting Fantasy run.

The art by Iain McCaig was a factor too. He went on to design Darth Maul.

This led to the FF RPG with her and her sisters, with my brother GMing for one day only and then me taking over. After that summer my cousins moved away, and I believe I was the only one to stick with RPGs.  Playing was mostly my idea as I recall, with some nudging required to get that first session.

I used a miniature like this, Oreon from Citadel’s Regiments of Renown, for me.


Though the game had no rules for bows. Or elves. or eyepatches.

Runeslinger and with Week Two on video

No comments:

Post a Comment