Tuesday 28 February 2012

Richard Carpenter

Richard Carpenter, creator of Robin Of Sherwood, Catweazle, Dick Turpin and more, has died.

He was one of UK TV's great fantasy creators, with Robin Of Sherwood in particular being the defining version of the story for a generation, by turns mystical and gritty, tough and romantic, tragic and funny, influencing a variety of tellings ever since.

He also created Catweazle, a bit before my time, about a sorcerer from the Middle Ages accidentally sending himself to the present, and The Ghosts Of Motley Hall about a group of ghosts from various points in history trying to get along, as well as writing adventure series like Dick Turpin and Smuggler. He had a hand in making me the fantasy and adventure nerd I am today, so I thought I'd take a moment to thank him.

"Nothing's forgotten. Nothing's ever forgotten."

No comments:

Post a Comment