Wednesday 5 August 2020

#RPGaDAY2020 5: TRIBUTE

#RPGaDAY2020

5: TRIBUTE

This is the greatest and best RPGaDAY post in the world’s ... tribute.

RPGs include a lot of tributes, references, and outright knockoffs, from the introduction to the original Dungeons & Dragons set referencing specific authors to RPGs that are essentially adaptations of other RPGs.

I for one have stated inspirations for various Trinity Continuum Allegiances, as well as throwing a few references to outside media and real life. Houdini being a friend of the Aeon Society is totally on me. I also paid tribute to rescue and aid workers and humanitarian charities.

I’ve done some of the episodes that every sci-fi show must have in a few games too.

And I’ve used the Wilhelm Scream in a few games where its appearance wouldn’t feel out of place.

1 comment:

  1. Kind words from RBB:

    Your daily answers are a Tribute to Buffy :)
    I also appreciated your Ten Episodes That Every Sci-Fi Show Must Have :)
    Plus I followed a search of you discussing Trinity and Thunderbirds and your link to this gem :) http://www.pa-mar.net/rpg/traveller/trav0007.html

    ReplyDelete