Friday 11 June 2021

West Of Darkness

Following a general World Of Darkness filmography thread where I went on an aside about horror and supernatural Westerns, a reminder on a Facebook group... Have I not done this here?

Near Dark is a Western in tone... with some characters dating back to the era..

High Plains Drifter is ambiguous, Ghost Town (1988) is more fantastical and adventurous, Bone Tomahawk is harsh, Grim Prairie Tales is an anthology so a mix of styles.

Dead Birds would work as a one-shot.

And they keep coming. I haven’t seen The Wind or The Pale Door.

For a bonus point, I imagine the second Sabbat Civil War looking like the start of Gangs Of New York except at night. Like The Warriors with slightly more top hats. (Note: derogatory language.)

And yes of course a horror Western is on the list of games I’d like to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment