Sunday 27 November 2022

Last Dance 1.02 preparation

Vampire: The Masquerade
Last Dance

“When people think of vampires, they think of us. Beautiful monsters terrible in our passion. And when vampires think of our clan they think of me. Devoted to my art, they think to the exclusion of everything else. Let them think that. Let them envy us. And let them overlook those of our blood who do not so closely match their preconceptions. The ones with no art to show and no pretty faces to dismiss.”

“My sire claimed that he Embraced six childer, and that I was the fourth. The first died quickly of his recklessness, The second threw herself into the rising sun after the night he turned her. The third went west, and after a handful of telegrams was never heard of again. I was selected to immortalise my voice, and my face, but chosen because of my ambition, to come as far as I had in that era. The fifth remains a dear friend. The sixth...”

“I was fortunate to live and die in a time when a kind of immortality was not available with the press of a shutter. I was one of the most celebrated sopranos of my time, but there are only a handful of recordings of my voice and photographs of my face from my lifetime, and I was able to be pronounced dead a few years later and fade into the dark without people recognising me on the street. Now it is quite easy to become too famous to disappear. The artists who die young tend to do so in the public eye, and we cannot save them. Victims of their own success twice over. Remembered forever but unable to see it.”

Elizabeth Lamont, elder of Clan Toreador

Marion Cotillard looking more vampiric than usual

No comments:

Post a Comment