Tuesday 24 October 2023

Totally Killer (2023)

31 Days Of Horror 13

Totally Killer (2023)


As I noted on seeing the trailer for what is as they cheerfully admit Back To The Future crossed with a slasher flick, I checked to find that this isn’t written by the same writer as the previous classic family fantasy comedy crossed with a slasher flick trio Happy Death Day, Freaky and the forthcoming It’s A Wonderful Knife. I hope that now someone else has written one he’ll try a different concept next time instead of something like Honey I Shrunk The Killer.

Anyway, it’s a somewhat goofier comedy take on the type, with the 80s being awful, and the time machine being built by a high schooler as a science project.

It’s a lot of fun if you go in with that kind of expectation. If this was in cinemas now I’d leave pretty happy.

Agency-wise I would have made a small tweak to have Jamie be the one to suggest going back. A small note, would have been changing three lines of dialogue, but.

Also a horrible slander to Max Headroom.

Gameability: science project time machine is a pretty Buffy kind of plot hook.

No comments:

Post a Comment