Sunday 10 November 2013

Vampire Challenge 10: Favourite Character You Haven’t Played

Hmm. A character I have and have never had a chance to play... or a character I’ve seen someone else play?

What the heck, let’s do both.

He comes from a secret place, far below the city streets, 
hiding his face from strangers, safe from hate and harm. 

As a sharp contrast to the Harpy, I never did find a suitable game for the other idea that jumped out at me:

A Nosferatu who claimed to remember no life before the darkness below the streets. Was he born down there? Does he have a family? What does he make of the world above? How theatrical would I let it go, swooping around in big cloaks and quoting poetry? And just how much would I rip off the above?



But I rarely get to play Vampire, let alone enough to play such an outsider even to the Kindred, and I would probably have to rope in another player to take on the Beauty role. So, since before the first edition even came out, he remains in the unplayed file.

--

And for a complete change of pace:

Mr. Bennett first strode into a game I ran set in the 30s. A tractor mechanic from Shreveport, turned getaway driver, turned Gangrel by a local gang boss, turned gun runner to the anarchs. Lean and wiry and plainly dressed and prone to scaring people off by making his eyes burn red. He then reappeared sixty years later wearing much the same suit, and his appearance drew no comment. Unlike another game set in the 70s, where he looked distinctly out of step.


He had the advantage of only appearing in games emphasising the crime story side of Vampire, where I laid off on Humanity rolls for blowing holes in Setite drug dealers and the like.

--

And slightly less of a change of pace - another PC I saw over a friend’s shoulder on the New Bremen chats, a Toreador musician promoted to Primogen against her wishes, slowly losing the will to live and only supported by a few friends and loved ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment