Saturday 30 November 2013

Vampire Challenge 30: Best Storyteller You've Had

And finally...

To complete the Challenge, the best Storyteller I’ve had...

Well, here I point out I’m almost always the ST, not a player.

But I can kind of cheat.


This is me with Vampire: The Masquerade lead creator Mark Rein-Hagen, shortly before I got to play a demo of his new RPG I AM ZOMBIE.

But that wasn’t Vampire, so...



When people told themselves their past with stories, explained their present with stories, foretold the future with stories, the best place by the fire was kept for... The Storyteller. 
Jim Henson’s The Storyteller 

I haven’t had much luck as a player in Vampire. I’ve been in on the folding of several games. LARPs in particular wither at my touch.

I was once in a game of Werewolf: The Apocalypse that ran for four years, but the same ST (one of my original two Masquerade players and TPO Mr. Bennett, and a shoo-in for this title if it was a Werewolf challenge) ran Alien Hunger over two sessions when it came out and never ran Vampire in my vicinity again.

The longest game I was involved in as a player was pretty in-depth and involving, but got so in-depth I often felt lost. 


So I’m going to look online.

The New Bremen official moderated cWOD chat had a number of STs, narrators and players who’d come up with plots and invite other players to get involved. (As well as some others.) There was almost always something to do, and usually something interesting. I have a few grumpy stories, most of which are funny in retrospect, but more upbeat ones.

So yes, I’ve had few chances to play, but when I have I’ve had a host of good Storytellers and players. Thanks to them all.

How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment