Friday 20 July 2018

In every generation there is a Chosen One.

Joss Whedon is working with Monica Owusu-Breen on a new version of Buffy The Vampire Slayer.

This is a story worth telling and retelling - in every generation.

I love the series that we got from 1997 onwards. It helped me and mine so often, and I hope the new series finds its voice to delight, comfort and inspire a whole new audience.

Sure, part of me would prefer an in-continuity spinoff about Someone Else The Vampire Slayer (or, hey, college age Watchers in training or something) but I also get that sticking to twelve TV seasons of continuity and the canon comics and Slayer books and more would be a pain, as well as losing the name recognition of Buffy in the title.

And remember, the show is a reboot.

No comments:

Post a Comment