Thursday 26 July 2018

Time to meet a new slayer

For some genre writers it’s Star Wars.
Buffy the Vampire Slayer is my Star Wars.
Before I became a writer, I was a fan. For seven seasons, I watched Buffy Summers grow up, find love, kill that love. I watched her fight, and struggle and slay.
There is only one Buffy. One Xander, one Willow, Giles, Cordelia, Oz, Tara, Kendra, Faith, Spike, Angel... They can’t be replaced. Joss Whedon’s brilliant and beautiful series can’t be replicated. I wouldn’t try to.
But here we are, twenty years later...
And the world seems a lot scarier.
So maybe, it could be time to meet a new Slayer...
And that’s all I can say.
So it seems we’re looking at a new slayer called something other than Buffy, which is an obvious continuation option. I’ve run and played that game more than once myself.

Still no idea how much continuity to keep (twelve seasons of TV, and comics, and books, and hey, RPG stuff) and how much to refresh.

No comments:

Post a Comment