Wednesday 5 September 2018

22 Vampire: The Requiem plots from garbage Version 2.0

For the Version 2.0 twentieth anniversary and because garbage lyrics fit so readily into Vampire. Expect troubled relationships, broken hearts, unwise blood drinking and a small war.

Temptation Waits
(I am a bonfire, I am a vampire)
A new vampire gang roars into town, flouting Kindred law and seeming to revel in the undead condition, a reminder of how careful the coterie must be... or must they?

I Think I’m Paranoid
(As long as I want you baby it’s alright)
What do you do when a group of vampires you were sure were planning something turn on each other? What else have you been wrong about? Who’s pulling the strings? Is anybody really in charge or are you all on your own?

When I Grow Up
(Rip it all to shreds and let it go)
A Dhampir - the living child of a vampire, a walking threat to all of the damned. And this one’s vampire parent is a pillar of the Kindred establishment. Every enemy of the ruling circle could use her against her father. Would she survive that?

Medication
(I hold a force I can’t contain)
The right combination of medication in ingested blood, and a vampire can silence the Beast. She still feels the hunger, but she can view it rationally. She still knows when other vampires are near, but it doesn’t trouble her. Can she sustain it? And what might happen if she slips?

Special
(I thought you were special)
They’ve been together for a hundred years, but when one of them rises from torpor... the other doesn’t feel it any more.

Hammering In My Head
(I knew you were mine for the taking when I walked in the room)
Out on the hunt, drinking from the wrong (or right) vessel, hard to focus on anything except the taste. You want more, so much more, it’s so good...

Push It
(This is the noise that keeps me awake, my head explodes and my body aches)
You have to stay awake through the day, you have to keep watch, you have enough blood to get you halfway before you start to feel it. How are you going to cope?

The Trick Is To Keep Breathing
(Now everything’s about to fall apart)
Do you remember the night you died? How you fought? How close you came to surviving, not to become this thing you are? What if you found yourself back there? Alive, with another chance to live?

Dumb
(Now that you know what you know, I bet you wish you could let it go)
Someone knows too much - a mortal in business with a vampire, who figured out just a little and kept looking. The vampire wants them silenced, others want to use that knowledge against her, and nobody much cares what happens to the mortal...

Sleep Together
(Make me a pretty person, make me feel like I belong)
Sharing a night at the Rack with another vampire, and one thing leads to another... and they weren’t single, per se. What did you just step into the middle of?

Wicked Ways
(I’ve done things I never thought I’d do, sure it helps to lose myself in you)
One of the local big deals in the Lancea et Sanctum declares one of her rivals an apostate and heretic. This would be fun from the sidelines... if the fight wasn’t sure to get too big for there to be any.

You Look So Fine
(I’m through bleeding for you)
Are we really capable of love? And if we are, how do we go on when it ends?

Anniversary bonus tracks

Can’t Seem To Make You Mine
(Can’t you see what you're doin’ to me? You fill my heart with misery)
So, you were always smitten with that elder... right?

13x Forever
(You taught me to hate)
Did your sire Embrace you to take the place of someone else? And what if that someone else came back?

Deadwood
(I kill the fire so I don’t get burned)
A century ago this town was wild, but some of that wildness is still there. Was that staid prince really a Wild West outlaw?

Get Busy With The Fizzy
(We could always get lost in a crowd)
Duelling vampire-backed nightclubs. A big weekend like the start of the academic year. No way this will end well.

Soldier Through This
(You work too hard so when you come home to me you are tired)
A war between two cities’ vampire courts. You’re not supposed to get involved, but how do you not?

Thirteen
(Won’t you let me walk you home from school?)
Your childhood sweetheart, the one you thought you’d make a life with, you haven’t seen them for years even before you were turned... and now here they are, and they’re still so warm, and kind, and alive...

Lick The Pavement
(I know you’re lonely cause you’re just like me)
A trail of blood on the sidewalk. Where does it lead? Is somebody hurt? Did they just leave all this perfectly good blood behind? Are you hungry enough to try it?

Medication (acoustic)
(My blood is pumping through my veins)
You could taste something off about the blood, and now you know... the person you just tasted is on some pretty powerful medication. And the effects don’t come through the blood, but the symptoms do.

Tornado
(She’s got a thing that really gets me on fire)
A natural or man-made disaster hits the city. A tornado, hurricane, flood, wildfire - whatever the case, the emergency services are close to breaking point, some parts of the city might be evacuated, and in all it’s a perfect time for a sudden attack on an entrenched enemy.

Afterglow
(You’ve got to learn to save yourself before you find there’s nothing left)
Two cities at war, and it looks like your side is going to win. So it’s time to find out who your real allies are as the factions start jockeying for power in the new status quo. If you have any.

No comments:

Post a Comment