Wednesday 13 February 2019

Tolkien Teaser Trailer

The first look at Tolkien, and yes of course it visualises some of his creations in amongst the straight biopic stuff. Since he always denied direct allegory of his war experience with the Rings series, he would probably not be delighted.

And I see what you did there with the gold logo with the O appearing first too.

(I wonder if it will include the time he and C.S. Lewis went to a faculty New Year party as polar bears despite it not being a costume party.)

3 comments:

  1. So, just because I'm going to be involved in chat about Tolkien, where do we know about the denial of the influence of war on LotR? All I've found so far is a seeming denial of WWII as influence with a statement challenging that WWI was just as harrowing, leaving open the possibility of WWI still being an influence.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you seen this? http://www.bbc.co.uk/guides/zgr9kqt

      I've seen a bit more about Sam's external struggle vs. Frodo's internal one, relating to the shellshock idea, too. (Which I can't find now.)

      Delete
  2. Oh, very good, thanks. So it seems it was a very strong influence...

    ReplyDelete