Wednesday 30 December 2020

Adventure Calendar 2020 30: The Year In Review

Adventure Calendar 2020
30: The Year In Review

It’s been a... year.

Ever done one of these? Look back the games you’ve played, run and read through the year.

I’ve introduced several players to Vampire: The Masquerade fifth edition and Buffy The Vampire Slayer.

I haven’t tried running anything new. Trinity Continuum, Relics,The Yellow King, WFRP 4 and Age Of Sigmar: Soulbound are on my list to do something with.

The only new game I’ve played for more than a couple of sessions is Beyond The Wall, where the most interesting part of the system to me was the playbook-specific lifepaths creating the group’s home together as well as defining the individual characters.


You could also do this in a session with a regular group, which would doubtless get a bit “let me tell you about my character” but I think that’s okay once in a while.

You could also reflect on the year in-character when a series hits a suitable landmark, particularly if a game advances as quickly as Pendragon where everything that happens in a year except the adventures can be covered in a session. Characters might reflect on New Year, solstices, birthdays and anniversaries.

No comments:

Post a Comment