Sunday 27 February 2022

Nocturne 1.17

Vampire: The Masquerade - Nocturne
1.17

Must not start a running gag in my Vampire: The Masquerade game.

It would be about all the weird stuff the overseer of the Rack has seen to explain how jaded he is.

So just the one example:

“It’s nothing compared to the time I negotiated a visit by a Ravnos travelling medicine show.”

(An actual running gag would tonally better fit something like a Watcher in Buffy. Like the one in the legendary PBP Mysterious Albion who once tried to cheer up a slayer by saying she wasn’t as bad as the one who destroyed the world.)

“Sure, it’s a decent-sized massacre, but I helped clean up after a Conclave in the 70s.”

“Torn apart by wild dogs? Yes, awful. I mean, not as awful as being torn apart slowly by one wild dog, but...”

“Horrible. Absolutely. But then, I had to shop on Christmas Eve last year.”

No comments:

Post a Comment