Wednesday 27 December 2023

Ten Buffy hooks from This Is Why by Paramore

Happy birthday Hayley Williams!


This Is Why
This is why I don’t leave the house
It’s bad out there every time the slayer steps outside. But is it just happening because she steps outside?

The News
War
Turning on the news and... did they just report that vampire attack?

Running Out Of Time
There was traffic spiller my coffee crashed my car - otherwise, woulda been here on time
Throw on the duties of a monster hunter on top of an exam crunch and one of the gang could do with an extra couple of hours in the day... and then gets them.

C’est Comme Ça
Lucky for me I run on spite and sweet revenge
One of the gang gets bashed into the hospital and figures they should take life one day at a time. is this actually safer?

Big Man, Little Dignity
Know you could get away with anything so that’s exactly what you do
Someone whos sold his soul for personal power. Not a monster per se, but he sure needs to be stopped

You First
Turns out I’m livin’ in a horror film where I’m both the killer and the final girl
Someone out to steal the power of the slayer, from his perspective to do better things with it.

Figure 8
All for your sake, became the very thing that I hate
It’s a terrible relationship, but how do you tell a friend that?

Liar
Love is not an easy thing to admit
It’s a great relationship, but how do you tell a friend that?

Crave
Crave to do it again, all again
One of the gang has the best day ever... and relives it. And the rest of the gang notice, and have to figure out a way to stop without causing heartbreak or the destruction of space and time.

Thick Skull
Same lesson again? Come on, give it to me, give it to me
And then the spell snaps back, and now the slayer has the worst day ever, and as many chances to fix it...

No comments:

Post a Comment