Friday 8 August 2014

RPG A Day 8: Favourite Character

#RPGaDay

Day 8 Question - Favourite Character

Let me tell you about my character...

As a player, of my own?

Generally I GM more than play, and when I play I often take the “and we need one of these” roles rather than having an idea that jumps out at me. But there are exceptions.

The character I’ve had the most interesting character-based play with is probably Charity Chance, Agent Of S.H.I.E.L.D. in 60s-style Marvel SAGA. Originally designed to be nice and simple - Emma Peel / Modesty Blaise in the Marvel Universe or the Black Widow with the serial numbers lightly painted over - over a hundred issues and more sessions she became more of a Sydney Bristow as she acquired a troublesome sister, a secret connection to a Golden Age hero, an arch enemy, a few romantic complications and a temporary position of command, and only avoided acquiring superpowers because I specifically wanted her to stay mundane, while staying true to the original goal of kicking bad guys in the face.

(This game also saw Corona, the best example of comics-style powers rising and falling I’ve seen in a game, and Steamhammer, a great badass who was also a rich source of comedy.)

As a GM, which PCs am I the biggest fan of?

This probably goes without saying for those who have read my Actual Play stories. Hint: pink hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment