Friday 1 January 2021

31 Day Character Creation Challenge

31 Day Character Creation Challenge

Generate a starting character for an RPG every day for a month.

Some I know well, some I don’t. Some random, some point-based, some other methods.

The tricky part may well be coming up with names.

10: Dread

Over this month I’ve created characters for games I know inside and out, and games I’ve never read before. I’ve used point buy, random tables, and other means like lists of questions. I’ve made individuals but also groups and a town. Some have taken a couple of minutes and some have taken a couple of hours. I’ve seen other entries create parties for games and introduce me to games I’d never heard of. I saw someone go with an idea to try the same character across different systems. I’ve learned quite a bit, and I hope I’ve passed on some learning as well.

And, naturally, I want to play some of these characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment