Saturday 24 April 2021

The Millennium Thrillogy

Watching The Girl In The Spider’s Web reminded me that until I read The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo I imagined the “Millennium Trilogy” were weighty serious works using crime stories to discuss life at the end of the century and not pulp nonsense where Millennium is the name of a magazine. And the very serious real-world issue they do repeatedly invoke, as in the original title of the first book, is dealt with about as carefully as Batman addresses being a childhood survivor of violent crime on a bad day.

In keeping with my policy of not just being negative here, I thought the David Fincher film had a nice soundtrack.

Okay, a bit more. An antihero who rejected her family of supervillains from childhood is pretty interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment