Tuesday, 11 August 2026

RPGaDAY 2026 11. Tact

#RPGaDAY 2026

11. Tact

11. A character made great by having or not having tact

Giles: “Cordelia, have you actually ever heard of tact?”
Cordelia: “Tact is just not saying true stuff. I’ll pass.”
Buffy The Vampire Slayer 2.18 Killed By Death

One of my Mage circle Didi’s main weapons is distracting opponents often by confusing or annoying them. She once defeated a probability-altering chaos mage by shouting obvious lies at him. “It’s Wednesday! Your shoes are untied!” Including ones she hoped he’d accidentally make happen. “I just won the lottery! I’m Mrs. Ryan Gosling!”

And after more than twenty-five years, still do I fondly recall the story of a horror campaign that ended early with one of the players having their character knock on a suspected cultist base door and ask “Excuse me, are you a cultist?”

Autocratik

No comments:

Post a Comment