27. Hunger
27. What do you hunger for most from a session?
What is the game meant to do? I want experience X from game X, Y from game Y - a bit of Z might be a fun addition or might spoil the whole thing for me.
This is a formative preference going all the way back to my first couple of games, where Middle-earth Roleplaying gave me no Tolkien feel and TOON gave me a lot of Looney Tunes feel.
I want my superheroes to be amazing at something, my horror protagonists to be at risk though not necessarily doomed but sometimes doomed works too, my cool vampires to be cool and my sad vampires to be sad, my teenage monster hunters to be badass and funny and occasionally emotional wrecks. I want a moment creating the kind of thing that makes a genre appealing. If it feels wrong, I’m probably not going to play that game for long.
No comments:
Post a Comment