Friday 12 August 2022

#RPGaDay2022 12 - Why did you start RPGing?

#RPGaDay2022

12 - Why did you start RPGing?


And I was the right age for the peak of the gamebook boom.

If I hadn’t been directly introduced to gamebooks I might have found them through 2000 A.D. advertising, or later through their Sláine gamebook story or spinoff magazine Dice Man or the official Judge Dredd RPG or...

But I was already in by then.

After starting high school, I had a couple of poor suckers friends drawn in too. They can blame me.

And I stuck with it because of the interactivity, and the immediate feedback of the group, as well as the genres that most of the games played into. Remember that this was a time where if you got an episode of Doctor Who and a sci-fi cartoon on TV that was a good week. This was something that could be mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment