Friday 19 August 2022

#RPGaDay2022 19 - Why has your favourite game stayed with you?

#RPGaDay2022

19 - Why has your favourite game stayed with you?

I basically answered this for Buffy The Vampire Slayer on Day 16: a much loved origin, a pretty simple system with some good encouragements for genre-friendly play, and a wide-open setting that can roll with a wide variety of adventures across its Weird Level.

So for Vampire: The Masquerade... okay, I’ve answered this already as well. My kind of dark setting focused on an interest since I was a gloomy kid, a system I could grasp, and an emphasis on character plots rather than missions while still having room for them.

Both have systems I can deal with as a GM and include features that support their genres, settings with a clash of the mundane and fantastical, and excuses to compile mood-friendly playlists.

No comments:

Post a Comment