Monday 22 August 2022

#RPGaDay2022 22 - Who is your current character?

#RPGaDay2022

22 - Who is your current character?

I am currently playing one character:

Jackdaw the Sea Elf cutter pilot in Escape From The Enemy, which has moved from OneDice Fantasy to D&D 5. He’s a swashbuckler, meant to be kind of the Starbuck of the game’s fantasy Battlestar Galactica.


But I don’t really have much to say about him as the game has been progressing slowly, and he’s more of a support character anyway.

So to have a bit more to write about, I’ll also discuss the last biggish game I played in, the World Of Darkness 20th Anniversary crossover Let Sleeping Dogs Lie, where I played Cara Lawson, Akashayana Mage Vampire Slayer monster hunter. Also an agile sword-wielding fighter, despite being in the 1990s.



(After that with the same group I played the party Rogue in a short series of fairytale-flavoured fantasy RPG Beyond The Wall, also agile but not much good with a sword.)

But of course I’m mostly a GM. I tend to have prominent friend, ally and sounding board NPCs that the PCs can hang out with, and I could imagine playing some of them if a suitable game came along, but I try to keep them from being GMPCs mostly by keeping them at low power levels in things the PCs are good at.

In my current summer Buffy game I included two because I have two players and wanted a bigger group: Kelsey is helpful and snarky while Willis is snarky and helpful. There’s also a helpful occult exposition type, but she doesn’t hang with them so if she comes to a fight it’s going to be a big deal.

Runeslinger and on video for the week

No comments:

Post a Comment