Friday 5 January 2024

Aquaman And The Lost Kingdom

Aquaman And The Lost Kingdom was fine I guess?

The first let Jason Momoa do more amiable hangout stuff, which was by far the best part of a largely functional lighthearted superhero movie.

Amber Heard got about eleven lines if you include three times she shouted while using her powers, but presumably they made the end credits before they cut half of her part as she’s still third billed.

The cephalopod secret agent was fun, could have had more of him.

It would be very nice to blame climate change on one guy.

Among the reused parts of other movies I expected to see - the Loki joke was a particularly bold move - I was surprised by an appearance by the suits from Planet Of The Vampires. Looking it up, director James Wan states it’s a reference, which I appreciate.

But for another reference which is more of a spoiler, I shall employ a meme. See below.



No comments:

Post a Comment