Wednesday 10 January 2024

Character Creation Challenge 2024 10c: Beautiful Anomalies 1: The Stranger

Character Creation Challenge 2024

10c: Beautiful Anomalies first edition

Beautiful Anomalies by Rose Bailey and divers hands is a post-FATE take on science-fantasy time travellers helping people because of compassion, conviction or curiosity, and fighting unspeakable horrors best viewed from behind the sofa.

I playtested DWAITAS and got into the Special Thanks for Beautiful Anomalies. I have views on Whovian gaming.

BA has three character types, defined by subtly different questionnaires and some other details like who gets to decide which details about the group’s time machine. So I made three Doctor Who characters who would fit the three types, and then made them again to see what would happen.

10c: The Stranger
Walker

“Alright, just to be clear, when I say ‘run’, you run. Don’t look back, I have every intention of following you, now was that - RUN!”

Having lost one home world, she travels in search of joy, and usually ends up helping others along the way in a manner that tends to annoy bullies.

Profile
Concept: Wandering a fascinating universe she feels out of place in.
Clock: Penitent.
What do they call you? A friendly face when you need one.
What do you do? Try not to go looking for trouble, then jump in when I find it.
Why do you stand out? I’m in such a hurry.
Why can’t you go home? I’m fairly sure it no longer exists, and I might not actually be from there.
What have you picked up on your travels? A compass, a good ear for accents, too many boyfriends.
Why do you travel with companions? I need perspective.
Why are you dangerous to your companions? I have to help when I can, and I don’t always know when that is.
Why do you interfere? Compassion.

Traits
+ Determined
+ Makes Friends With The Downtrodden
- Makes Enemies Of The Treading
- Self-sacrificing

Jessie Buckley

11c: Josh, the Innocent
12c: Amit, the Adventurer

No comments:

Post a Comment