Thursday 20 August 2020

#RPGaDAY2020 BUFFY 20B: INVESTIGATE

#RPGaDAY2020 BUFFY SEASON

20B: INVESTIGATE

“This is freaky. I don’t ever remember ever seeing Giles be this weird.”
“I know. He’s usually Investigate-Things-From-Every-Boring-Angle Guy. Now he’s I-Cling-On-To-My-One-Lame-Idea Guy. What gives?”
I Only Have Eyes For You

As noted on the general, I run a lot of investigative and mystery games, and Monster Of The Week episodes of Buffy involve research identifying demon-y types, finding weaknesses to exploit and plans to avert. The trick is not to make that all they are.

See also Angel where the Angel Investigations bit gave way to the drama side pretty quickly.

And for this series idea we have people investigating things openly as well as monster-huntiily.

So we can lean on the Veronica Mars side for a week...

2.09: Special Report

Crime on campus! Test fraud! Somebody using this to fund some kind of mystical supervillainy, but the funding method itself is still bad!

“Okay, it’s not getting him sent down for warlockery, but it’ll still stop him collecting the evil amulets. It’s the Al Capone approach.”

No comments:

Post a Comment