Tuesday 13 August 2024

#RPGaDay2024 13 - Evocative environments

#RPGaDay2024

13 - Evocative environments

I’m pretty bad at this. I can describe an old dark house or the like, but don’t take it much further. And I use maps on a less than annual basis so don’t expect many tactically interesting locations. I also look for far more visual references for characters than places.

But I manage a telling detail now and then, like the recent description of a nightclub as OONCHA OONCHA OONCHA OONCHA.

13a - Environments

One place I would try to provide a map would be a limited environment like a space habitat or similar location for a classic Base Under Siege.

I would love to do a full maps-and-flee-meter play of Grace Under Pressure for Call Of Cthulhu sometime.

Also soundscapes, like Tabletop Audio.

Take all you know
into the undertow


13b - Zombie

And speaking of bases under siege. How do you make a zombie apocalypse not feel overly familiar? How many ways can we reveal that Humans Are The Real Monsters?


No comments:

Post a Comment