Sunday 4 August 2024

#RPGaDay2024 4 - RPG with great art

#RPGaDay2024

4 - RPG with great art

I can cheat and say Tales From The Loop, an RPG based on an art series.

4a - Art

As someone who has worked on and off in an art gallery for over a decade, I have enough odd little insights to set a series around the art world.

The most adventure-friendly part is of course art theft, with the Gentleman Thief archetype and the less glamorous organised crime sideline more common in the real world.

So I have indeed written about art and antiquities thieves in an RPG setting, with optionally-heroic World’s Greatest Thieves and villainous black marketeers in Trinity Continuum, as well as theft of the namesake items being a frequent problem in Relics.


Les Fantômes logo, suitable for leaving on calling cards after daring heists


And people don’t believe me when I say that the exhibition about notorious fake photos like the Cottingley Fairies wasn’t my idea.

See also clues hidden in pictures, cursed paintings, characters turned into statues and vice versa...

4b - Cosmos

I haven’t done a big grand Jack Kirby style space opera. Hmm...


No comments:

Post a Comment