Monday 5 August 2024

#RPGaDay2024 5 - RPG with great writing

#RPGaDay2024

5 - RPG with great writing

Modesty forbids. So I’ll point to writers who have gone (sometimes back and forth) from RPG writing to regular writing.

5a - Writing

Writing as something that happens in game. Do you have to translate the map? Call Of Cthulhu is a very bookish game where books are often the problem.

How many Stephen King books are about writers? Some like ’Salem’s Lot and The Shining just happen to be, but others like Misery and The Dark Half are all about the job.

And when I saw the UK first edition cover for Misery I wondered if he was trying to tell us something.

Hmmmmmmmm...

See also journaling and letter-writing games.
5b - Fairies

As I mentioned yesterday, the Cottingley Fairies went viral in early 20th century terms. They supposedly fooled Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, which fits with his interest in Spiritualism but reminds me of his equal interest in pranks.


No comments:

Post a Comment