Monday 26 August 2024

#RPGaDay2024 26 - Superb screen

#RPGaDay2024

26 - Superb screen

I don’t use GM screens - I don’t keep enough notes that I’d want to hide from players, and if I did these days I’d have them on my tablet. Which is also a screen in a way, but not as much of a division as a laptop. And so...

26a - Screen

After the past four years I more strongly associate screens in RPGs with playing online by video or voice. I’ve gotten more used to it, lessening the feeling that I should act up because I’m ON CAMERA, but I still definitely prefer playing in person because it’s a lot easier to read the room when you’re in a room.

I’ll make an exception for games like Viewscream that are designed to be played in a conference call, I’d like to try one of those.

26b - Tattoo

A Buffy worldbuilding question that came up in The Watch House:

Does a cross tattoo repel vampires?

I ruled yes, because if you’re prepared to spend that much time getting jabbed with needles you should get that small benefit.

(Do other flat depictions of crosses like paintings or photos work? Er, maybe. Probably the painting, I’d say.)

A temporary tattoo, probably not.
Unless it's an official Buffy one.


No comments:

Post a Comment