Thursday 15 August 2024

#RPGaDay2024 15 - Great character gear

#RPGaDay2024

15 - Great character gear

The best gear system I’ve ever seen is the equipment cards from Ghostbusters. It’s also the only Encumbrance system I’ve ever used, as every PC can take three cards and still be able to move.

You carry the Ghost Trap, my job is Beach!

15a - Gear

My gear? A rulebook, a tablet with somewhere to type notes and internet access, dice probably in my All Rolled Up. If I can print stuff, stuff I printed (character sheets, cheat sheets, NPC portraits).

15b - Genetics

Comic-book mutants like the X-Men might make more sense if they could only do things found in nature, so nothing like teleporting or travelling in time, but that would be less fun.

Update: Mutant is day twenty-five. So, clones or something like that. Ever done a game like Rogue Trooper or The Bad Batch with genetically engineered PCs?


David Chapman agrees with me
Runeslinger also agrees with me

No comments:

Post a Comment