Sunday 8 August 2021

#RPGaDAY2021 8: STREAM

#RPGaDAY2021

8: STREAM

The inevitable streaming games post. I’ll mention running water in my Vampire post.

With the now traditional note that apart from the big empires like Rome, pre-industrial trade used waterways for trade and fantasy RPGs rarely reflect that.

Podcasts and especially video Actual Play have shown a better view of what RPGs actually look like, inspiring as well as entertaining in their own right. Having some great ambassadors for RPGs really helps as well.

I would stream a series if I could do so with a group together in one place. It would be more planned out than my regular games, in order to entertain audiences away from the table as well. And not live to allow some editing and content notes.

Which game would I run? You can probably make some guesses based on the ones I produce dozens of plot hooks for. There are lots for the Vampire and Darkness family of games, Onyx Path have a variety of their games streaming, I could do Doctor Who, and of course I’d love to do a Buffy series.

With hindsight I would love to have made a then cutting edge podcast of The Watch House.

Though I’m very aware that the observer effect would change things. And that with written Actual Play posts my narration contains far fewer “um”s and “er”s than it does live.

Designers & Dungeons on streams of RPG system developments

No comments:

Post a Comment