Monday 2 August 2021

#RPGaDAY2021 Vampire 2V: Map

2V: MAP

As noted in my main post I use maps rarely, particularly in modern games, unless I’m GMing online and can therefore get to them with ease, in which case I’ll use maps for the city, the subway system, clubs and houses and so on. This is still more for atmosphere than tactics, though.

My Vampire games often use fictionalised if not completely fictional cities, providing backdrops like the Elysium, the nightclub and the cemetery.

My main use of mapping of a sort in Vampire has come from having NPC cards printed out so I can lay them down and show who’s where in a location like Elysium. It provides a clear visual guide for keeping track of multiple characters, and also lets me move them as the night goes on, and put somebody down for a dramatic entrance.

This is a fairly quiet night.

I would look for a suitable map for a regular location like Nocturne if I were running Last Dance.

In-character maps are rarer than in some genres, but the setting has ancient ruins containing secrets, modern Inquisitors using surveillance, and plenty of clandestine meetings in secluded locations.

1.02: New Maps Of Hell

A Nosferatu spy approaches the group with the location of a building being used by the agents hunting Alice, and a building blueprint with a note that it may be out of date. She tells them that they’re holding a local vampire inside and due to their mutual interest she’s asking for their help retrieving the hostage...

No comments:

Post a Comment